This article will help you to deploy your notification service to Heroku. Make sure you to follow the instructions step by step.
Student discount is available with the GitHub education pack. Click here for more information.
Make sure that you ...
- have an account on Heroku.
- have access to a Hobby Dyno, because "always-on" is required for this use case.
.envfile from these steps and a database
- Give your application a fancy name and choose your region
- Give it a name and fill all empty environment variables with the values of your
- Make sure that the
MONGO_HOSTvalue end on &ssl=true
- Click Deploy App and see the magic happen 🔮✨
You have successfully deployed your own notification service to Heroku! Within the logs you can find the registration token and url to access the admin panel.
Make sure to convert your maybe free dyno to a hobby dyno with
Sometimes it is required to open the logs e.g for the initial registration. Follow the steps below to access the logs of your service deployed on Heroku:
- Open https://dashboard.heroku.com/apps/ and select the Notification Service, you deployed.
- In the upper right corner, click on More and then on View logs
Now you can access all logs of the notification service.